Toggle Renters Insurance has emerged as a notable player in the insurance market. Founded in 2018, it’s a fresh brand under the umbrella of the renowned Farmers Insurance Group. Designed for the modern renter, Toggle offers a unique blend of traditional coverage and innovative features tailored to the needs of today’s generation.
History and Background
Toggle is not just another insurance company. It’s a testament to how traditional companies like Farmers are evolving to meet the changing demands of consumers. Established in 2018, Toggle has quickly made its mark by offering easy-to-customize policies that resonate with the younger audience, especially those who prefer online interactions.
Unique Selling Points
- Customization at its Best: Toggle stands out for its user-friendly online platform that allows policyholders to tailor their coverage with ease. Whether you’re a pet owner, a tech enthusiast, or someone with a side hustle, Toggle has got you covered.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Unlike many other insurance providers, Toggle’s standard policies come with coverage for damages resulting from floods and earthquakes. This inclusion, which typically costs extra with other companies, showcases Toggle’s commitment to providing value to its customers.
- Nationwide Presence: Despite being a relatively new entrant, Toggle has expanded its reach and currently offers its services in 26 states across the U.S.
Toggle’s approach to coverage is both innovative and consumer-centric. Here’s a breakdown:
- Personal Property: With the base policy, you get $1,000 coverage for your belongings, ensuring they’re protected globally up to your policy limit.
- Renters Liability: The policy includes $100,000 of renters liability coverage, safeguarding you against potential lawsuits for personal injuries or property damages. Additionally, Toggle’s inclusion of personal injury liability coverage offers protection against claims like slander and libel.
- Medical Payments: Should someone get injured in your home, Toggle’s policy will cover the medical expenses, eliminating the need for a lawsuit.
- Temporary Living Costs: In the unfortunate event that your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim, Toggle offers an add-on to help with the associated living expenses.
For those seeking more than the base coverage:
- Category-specific Coverage: Toggle allows you to choose coverage limits for specific categories, such as technology, furniture, fashion, and more. For instance, you can get up to $10,000 coverage for tech gadgets like computers and phones.
- Natural Disasters: Toggle’s policy stands out by covering damages from floods and, except in California, earthquakes.
- Add-ons: Toggle offers a range of optional features, including the Pet Parent coverage for pet-related liabilities and damages, Replacement cost coverage for brand-new replacements of stolen or destroyed items, and the Side Hustle coverage for those with a passion project.
Pricing and Plans
Toggle’s pricing structure is transparent and competitive. On average, Toggle’s basic policy costs $12.50 per month. However, the final price can vary based on several factors:
- Location: Areas prone to natural disasters or with high crime rates might have higher premiums.
- Personal Property Value: The more valuable your belongings, the higher the premium.
- Coverage Levels: Opting for higher coverage levels or additional features will influence the cost.
- Deductibles: A higher deductible usually translates to a lower monthly premium.
Toggle’s commitment to transparency ensures that customers are well-informed and can make decisions that best suit their needs.
Discounts and Savings
While Toggle doesn’t prominently advertise policy discounts, it has a unique offering that stands out. For every year that a policyholder doesn’t file a claim, Toggle reduces their deductible. This not only incentivizes customers to be more cautious but also rewards them for their loyalty and trustworthiness.
Additionally, Toggle has formed partnerships with various brands, offering discounts on a range of services, from rental cars and clothing to food delivery.
Toggle’s consumer experience is a blend of modern digital interactions and traditional insurance reliability:
- Website: Toggle’s website is user-friendly, offering online quotes, claims filing, and an FAQ section. Policyholders can log into their online accounts to view policy documents, update personal information, and modify their billing methods.
- Claims: The claims process is streamlined. Policyholders can file a claim and check its status through their online account. Once a claim is filed, one of Toggle’s claims adjusters will contact the policyholder to guide them through the next steps.
- Customer Service: Toggle offers multiple channels for assistance. Customers can use the website’s chat function, email email@example.com, or call 855-864-1530 for any queries or support.
However, it’s worth noting that Toggle has received a higher volume of complaints to state regulators than most of its competitors. While this might raise concerns, it’s essential to consider that Toggle is a relatively new entrant in the market, and initial hiccups are not uncommon.
Pros and Cons
- Comprehensive Coverage: Toggle’s standard policies include coverage for flooding, earthquakes, personal injury liability, bedbug remediation, and water backup.
- Partner Perks: While Toggle might not offer direct policy discounts, the partner offers can lead to significant savings on various products and services.
- Consumer Complaints: Toggle has received a higher volume of complaints relative to its size.
- No Mobile App: While the website is mobile-friendly, Toggle currently doesn’t offer a dedicated mobile app for policy management.
Comparison with Other Renters Insurance Companies
While Toggle offers a unique blend of traditional and modern insurance features, it’s always a good idea to compare it with other providers:
- Assurant: Known for its generous coverage but has received a significant number of consumer complaints.
- Farmers: Offers strong coverage with a user-friendly app for policy management.
- Lemonade: A tech-centric, mission-driven company offering straightforward policies.
- Progressive: Provides its own renters policies and those from third-party providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What other types of insurance does Toggle offer?
Toggle sells auto insurance in select states and partners with Pets Best to offer pet insurance.
Is Toggle renters insurance reliable?
While Toggle is a new insurance company, it’s backed by the established Farmers Insurance Group, which has been in business since 1928.
How can I cancel my Toggle renters insurance?
Policyholders can cancel their Toggle policy through their online account.
Does Toggle have any dog breed restrictions?
Toggle insures all breeds, provided the dog doesn’t have a history of aggression.
In conclusion, Toggle Renters Insurance offers a unique proposition in the insurance market. With its customizable policies, comprehensive coverage, and digital-first approach, it caters to the modern renter’s needs. However, like any service, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons and compare it with other providers before making a decision.